Friday, 7 June 2013

Review: Forever 52 Kissproof Lip Gloss in TLC 19



Hi girls!

I have missed my blog! I was busy wrapping up my internship and since then have been itching to put up a post. So, perks of being at the office, you get to rummage through your colleague's makeup bag, tee hee! She had on this gorgeous orange lipstain and I just had to know where she got it from. Next thing you know, I told her to get me one. So today, I bring to you the review of the Forever 52 Kissproof Lip Gloss in TLC 19.









I am vary of these weird name brands that just seem to pop up out of no where. Honestly, being forever 52 is a depressing thought. I did some research and the brand is from Germany but manufactured in Taiwan. The box also gives the batch number and expiry date which is a good thing. The product claims to last 12 hours and dries to a matte finish "formulated to leave your lips in high pigment."

Since it is summer and the product dries matte, I was eager to try it. Also, matte lip stains are drying, so I tried it two ways. One by applying it over a balm and the other other just over bare lips. Over the lip balm, it turned into peeling paint and I was picking bits of the product off my mouth so yeah, it was gross. But over bare lips, the product stayed in place well up to 8 hours! It hardly transferred and faded evenly so if you add a clear gloss on top, you can update your look for the night. The formula is shimmery which does not transfer on your lips and the scent is a little cough-syrupy but not strong at all. It may feel like you are wearing a layer of paint on your mouth but it settles into a comfortable finish. It does, however, settle into the lip lines so be sure to exfoliate your lips before you put it on.

All in all I love this product. It is bright, cheerful and ORANGE, which I cannot get enough of. Woo hoo, bright pouts!

Price: Rs 950
Availability: Gulfway Shopping Mall, Karachi (since my colleague got it and said it was right in main Gulf, I do not know the exact name of the shop :( )

Website: Forever 52

5 comments:

  1. Though I'm not a gloss person anymore, but this color looks lovely! Great for summers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with orange lip colour these days so I definitely would look for this in my local market, let's see if I can get one for myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pakistan Free Classified website.You can post free classified ad with out registration on LMF and buy and sale everything through LMF. LMF provides online classified jobs , as well as newspaper Jobs
    http://www.lmf.com.pk

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i have read few of your articles, indeed you write good on Fashion.
    Actually i am looking for writers.
    www.thenextrex.com has started a new project " www.fashionkibatain.com " and they are looking for writers to write on Fashion. Do let me know if you or any of your friend who writers as good as you is interested.

    Regards

    Email: ali.rao@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete